Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCal invitation email text (wrong sender in email)

Please help me... I have read forum after forum and thread after thread to find a solution...

When sending calendar invitations from iCal, they are sent with the old company name I used when installing my computer instead of the one I use today. So, the text I want to change in the email received by the invitee is "Thomas Dalebring - Humanor AB invited you to..." to "Thomas Dalebring - Predictio invited you to..."

Of course, the current problem creates quite a few misunderstandings and now I cannot use iCal to send invitations anymore.

I have tried changing my user profile in address book and changing my profile in the user accounts - but nothing works... 😟

Has anybody else had this issue? Please help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 7:27 AM

I FOUND the answer.

Go to your Mail application. Select Preferences. Select Composing. CHANGE "Send new messages from" field to contain the email address you wish to be the sender.

1 reply

Change iCal invitation email text (wrong sender in email)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.