Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TM "Looking for backup disk" problem (2 Internal HDDs, Tuxera NTFS, Parallels)

Hey,

I've recently installed an SSD into my early 2011 MBP. I have the SSD in the laptop's original drive bay, and have replaced the superdrive with my old HDD in an optibay enclosure. I put a fresh install of Mountain Lion onto the SSD, as well as a fresh version of Windows 7 via Bootcamp. All applications (including Parallels) are installed on the SSD. All of my documents, as well as a Bootcamp page file, are stored on the HDD. The problem is as follows;

With the setup above, Time Machine never makes it past the "Looking For Backup Disk" stage. I've tried this with three seperate WD HDD's, two plugged directly into the laptop via USB and one over a wired network. No luck.

I read online that installing an NTFS driver can fix the problem, so I tried Tuxera's NTFS For Mac. This fixed the Time Machine issue, however, a second problem arose. Now, whenever I exit a Parallels session, my HDD gets disconnected and disappears from Disc Utility. I have to disable Tuxera and restart for it to appear again. Bacisally I'm having to choose between having TM or parallels work properly.

Can anyone help me fix this!?

Thanks,

Tim

MBP, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 6:44 AM

There are no replies.

TM "Looking for backup disk" problem (2 Internal HDDs, Tuxera NTFS, Parallels)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.