Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I UNDERLINE A WORD OR NUMBER IN NUMBERS?

HOW DO I UNDERLINE A WORD OR NUMBER USING NUMBERS?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 6:49 AM

5 replies

Mar 27, 2013 12:33 PM in response to jwd246

Underline, Bold and Italic formats used in a Numbers Table apply to the contents of a cell, not to individual words. You can apply these styles to individual words within a group of words placed in a Text box.

User uploaded file

Here a double underline was applied after "words" was selected in the Entry bar. The change has not yet been confirmed by clicking accept or pressing return yet.

User uploaded file

On clicking Accept, the formatting is not applied to "words" or to the phrase in the cell.

Here, cell B2 was clicked to select it, and command-U pressed to apply Underline to the contents:User uploaded file

Note that the format is applied to the contents of the cell, but that this format change is not reflected in the entry bar.

In Text box, though, Underline or other style attributes may be applied to individual words (or single characters).

Regards,

Barry

HOW DO I UNDERLINE A WORD OR NUMBER IN NUMBERS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.