Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I discovered this morninhg that bneither Aperure or Photoshop Eleemnts support the raw files rom the new Nikon D7100. I assume others have experienced the same problem?

My RAW files from te new Nikon D7100 camera are not supoported by Aperture or Photoshop Eleemnsts. They bare supported by Nikon software. When will Aperture be updated?

iMac, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 8:25 AM

This depends on when Nikon gets around to updating the drivers. It's Nikon's responsibility, not Apple's or Adobe's. Unfortuantely Nikon doesn't have a stellar record of supporting their software or drivers on OS X.

In the meantime you can always shoot JPEG and import that into Aperture. If you shoot NEF+JPEG you can import just the JPEGs into Aperture now, and later on import the matching NEF files. You could also use ViewNX2 to convert the NEF files to TIFF. At least until Nikon gets around to updating their drivers for the 7100 for Aperture & PSE.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2013 8:25 AM in response to stanleyfromboynton beach

This depends on when Nikon gets around to updating the drivers. It's Nikon's responsibility, not Apple's or Adobe's. Unfortuantely Nikon doesn't have a stellar record of supporting their software or drivers on OS X.

In the meantime you can always shoot JPEG and import that into Aperture. If you shoot NEF+JPEG you can import just the JPEGs into Aperture now, and later on import the matching NEF files. You could also use ViewNX2 to convert the NEF files to TIFF. At least until Nikon gets around to updating their drivers for the 7100 for Aperture & PSE.

I discovered this morninhg that bneither Aperure or Photoshop Eleemnts support the raw files rom the new Nikon D7100. I assume others have experienced the same problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.