Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad 3 is dead

My Ipad 3 was completely dead when I woke up this morning. It was plugged up to the charger, had like 90% battery life before I went to bed. Was charging when I went to bed, and I've tried a hard reset, I've tried to get it to DFU mode, it wont do anything... My mac wont recognize it either

It's a 3 not a ipad 2

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 9:09 AM

7 replies

Mar 27, 2013 11:35 AM in response to joshsmith3400

That is quite odd, including I have had an iPad 2 since release, but maybe it had something to do with the iPad 3rd gen overheating? I would take it to the apple store A.S.A.P, even if it was far. I am just one of those people, also, I am one of those people who should actually work for apple, but they're too young. lol. I'll get an application when i'm older for the only  store in my country. but, I have never experienced this before, nor have I heard about this happening. Maybe they will give you a replacement iPad. in fact, have you ever used it in the bathroom? or played music with it when you were in the shower? that could be your problem, and you will have to practically buy a new one.

Mar 27, 2013 11:41 AM in response to weeowey

I've tried the hard reset with it plugged into a wall outlet, still nothing. I'm guessing its some kind of hardware failure, haven't used it anywhere near water, but did buy it off craigslist 3 months ago so hoping he never did either...

I called apple and have an appointment for Friday. They said if they can't get it working and it has no water or physical damage I'd get a new one...

I'll let yo know my findings! Thanks for all your replies!

My Ipad 3 is dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.