Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing Keynote Presentation With Custom Fonts And Animations On iPad

I've been digging around trying to find a good answer to this, but I'm a bit stuck (and wondering if it's possible).

I have a presentation I built in Keynote '09 (v5.3 1170) on my Mac. This particular presentation uses a custom font that is not available on the iPad (yes, I have the latest version of Keynote on my iPad as well). Additionally, I'm using some animations that may or may not transition to the iPad in the native Keynote file.

Assuming that those are my two constraints (custom fonts and animations), what's the best way to preview the presentation on my iPad (I'm fine without being able to edit the presentation on the iPad, I simply want to preview it in it's final state).

The Issues:

1) I've already tried running the original Keynote file on the iPad, and it obviously doesn't work properly due to the custom fonts.

2) I've tried exporting the Keynote file as a Quicktime Movie with Manual Advance. However, you can't open the .MOV file in Keynote. When I open it in Dropbox, it plays through all of the animations and slide transitions without stopping, so the Manual Advance doesn't seem to work on the iPad.

3) If I export to PDF I'll lose most of my animations, which is a critical component to my presentation.

Any ideas how I can make this work with my constraints? Am I missing something obvious?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 10:55 AM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2014 1:59 PM in response to birdahonk

Output the file as QuickTime with manual advance. This will cause the video to play until it reaches the next instance where user input is required (mouse click point, spacebar, etc.)..When you hit the forward arrow, spacebar, swipe, etc., it will play until it reaches the next point. If you use a left arrow or swipe from left to right, it will will not animate backwards but rather it will jump to the previous pause.

Viewing Keynote Presentation With Custom Fonts And Animations On iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.