Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waterproof please

So the new iphone 5s will supposedly have a faster speed, better camera, better flash etc etc. I have a question. Would you please make it somewhat waterproof, even without a case. I live in the northwest, Oregon, and it rains here 9 months of the year. I can't even make a phone call outside without the fear of my phone dying. I recently took a hike to the mountain, it wasn't raining but it was damp and drizzed a little. I took a bunch of photos, came home and within an hour, the main home button had quit. I took it into Apple and they said it had moisture damage. No coverage. I live in Oregon ! This seems to be a major flaw that needs to be fixed. Anyone else out there like to see this as a main feature of the 5S ?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 11:06 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2013 11:10 AM in response to englishaussie

Oh and did I mention that the phone is still under warranty but because of the water damage (one rain drop), its not covered. My only option is to carry it in a very expensive water proof case, or a bulky waterproof case. Can't apple just make the phone itself a little more water resistant ? Its seems like an easy fix, they can do pretty much everything else.

Waterproof please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.