Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 mic not working

I have an iPhone 4 running on iOS 6.1.3; whenever i make voice calls, my microphone does not seem to work as the other party doesn't hear me. However when i record a voice memo and play back, i hear myself. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 11:47 AM

5 replies

Jun 8, 2013 8:21 PM in response to kofia

Same issue with mic on calls but no issue with Skype or Facetime or Voice memos; have tried all the resets including complete iphone restore, cleaning the noise cancelling port, having a technician check it out, deleting all the apps. No joy; works intermittently on speakerphone. There are too many complaints on this subject to make it an "individual" issue. Is there a bug in 6.1.3? Any Apple technician like to respond with comments and date for software update to fix. Because the phone is currently of less use than a brick.

iPhone 4 mic not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.