Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Clips not playing back in Aperture Slideshow- Help?

Hi,

I'm trying to make a slideshow that incorporates video and photos. However, when I add photos that have been digitized through FCP from an old tape, they do not play back. Newer video clips straight from an iPhone (for example) work. This leads me to think it's a Codec problem. It was originally in the DV/DVCPRO - NTSC, Linear PCM Codec, which obviously is not fully supported (though it does playback fine in Aperture and in Quicktime, just not in Aperture slideshows). However, try as I might to convert it to other formats, the problem persists.

I've tried H.264, Linear PCM as well as H.264, AAC (converting using MPEG streamclip. Exporting from QT 7 doesn't work, oddly). One curious thing is that the audio does work in the slideshow, the video itself is just black. Very strange. These clips DO work when I try to recreate the same slideshow in iMovie, as well as a couple other cheapo slideshow-maker softwares. So I know it's not the videos themselves, but the software. iPhoto also doesn't play them. Can anyone help? I'm super frustrated that a piece of software I paid for to do just this fails to do it.

• I do not have the 3ivx Video Codec installed.
  • The video is not referenced
  • The Library is not on a shared folder

Thanks in advance for any insight/advice you may have. I've seen this problem before, but never with a solution.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Aperture version 3.4.3

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 1:40 PM

Fixed it!!!

Ok, here's how to do it, for future reference. I think in my case the problem was the frame rate. It was set at 24, but as per http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4025, apple likes 30fps for a 640px movie.

So, if this happens to you, run it through MPEG streamclip (it's a free download) and convert it to 30 FPS Jpeg mov files.

man, such a relief! I hope this helps others.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2013 1:40 PM in response to arhill

Fixed it!!!

Ok, here's how to do it, for future reference. I think in my case the problem was the frame rate. It was set at 24, but as per http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4025, apple likes 30fps for a 640px movie.

So, if this happens to you, run it through MPEG streamclip (it's a free download) and convert it to 30 FPS Jpeg mov files.

man, such a relief! I hope this helps others.

Video Clips not playing back in Aperture Slideshow- Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.