Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound quality of software instruments in my logic express 8 are not as vibrant and lively sounding as the software instruments in garage band on my computer what gives?

I have had Logic Express 8 since June of 2009. I have a sound quality issue with my product. I have noticed GB software instruments are much more vibrant and lively sounding than software instruments on Logic. What's going on? I have taken a 2 bar midi measure that I created in Logic and made a copy out it and placed it in GB. Made an audio loop to capture the GB sound quality. Then placed that GB loop back in Logic with the original 2 bar midi measure. There's a significant difference in quality. Not only did the GB loop sound better but also took up less headroom than midi logic software. The GB loop was an AIF 16 bit.

Also I left out eqing and effects/ reverb on both DAW's. Its just raw sound. The Logic raw sounds distant and slightly muffled. I have discovered that no amount of eqing and reverb/ compression or what ever else makes up for the lack of liveliness. For anybody who reads this please I'm only interested in hearing if theres a fix for this. I'm not interested in hearing a lecture on the history of digital audio and how complex it is and all that. I realize that not all Logic users experience this and after having done some research it appears that this is an anomaly that occurs with only some. I will say that for me personally it has been a real pain in the butt. Any meaningful advice would be appreciated. By the way I have updated Logic still the same thing.

Thank you

Micah

Logic Studio, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 2:13 PM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2013 3:01 AM in response to freakshow39

Hello dear friend,

I completely agree with you.I also notice that for several software instruments GB sounds much better.

For example " Electric Piano " witch is like a Rhodes,sound much better in BG. Why?? Maybe God knows. In Logic the click of the attack makes me nervous, that same click in GB is more natural , just the way it has to be. Also the Strings of GB are sounding more lively and accurate,and even drum sounds.

What happens to me, even with fast HD and lots of memory, GB crashes faster (prosessor overload) then Logic.

Macbook and Logic Express 9.1.8

Excuse me that I can not help you.

Jos

Sound quality of software instruments in my logic express 8 are not as vibrant and lively sounding as the software instruments in garage band on my computer what gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.