Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I Use my iMac's Built-In Video Camera to Record Directly to Final Cut Pro

Hi Final Cut Users,

Firstly, thanks in advance for your help. I've had it up to here with iMovie due to its frustrating interface and inability to sync audio correectly. So I've finally upgraded to Final Cut Pro v7.

My question is: Is it possible to record video using my iMac's built in camera using the Final Cut Pro software?

I realize wanting to do this may sound a bit amateur of me, but it would save me time. (As opposed to taking the extra step of recording to iMovie, then exporting to final cut).

Again, I appreciate your help,

-Capture-less in Captree

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 3:01 PM

2 replies

Mar 27, 2013 6:32 PM in response to jj2man

Final cut pro has to be captured from something hard wired. Either you have a firewire cable from the deck to your computer or you use a usb card reader to do a log and transfer. If your going to record a movie and then put it into final cut, make sure its a .mov and apple pro res 422 and final cut will import it just fine.

Can I Use my iMac's Built-In Video Camera to Record Directly to Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.