Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 15-inch, Late 2008 - Windows 7 black screen

Specs first:

MacBook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008

OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06

Want to install:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (disc)

I needed to format my windows partition because whenever I wanted to boot with bootcamp the screen would just stay black, vmware however worked fine.

So I deleted my partition and ran bootcamp again, created the partition restarted and this is where nothing happened.

My mac restarts, and the screen goes black, after a few minutes the disk stops spinning and then I'm left there indefinitely.

I have tried the iMac fix with copying the driver folder and unattended xml to a dos formatted usb, didn't work.

Resetting pram and smc, didn't work.

Different versions of windows, didn't work.

Both usb and physical media installation, didn't work.

Repaired disk and permissions, didn't work

Also tried creating the partition manually and then booting, still black screen.

I can't seem to find anyone mwith my specific problem. Everyone seem to get to the installations screen, the windows logo or have a blinking cursor. I have nothing, just a black screen.

The really weird part is, that I has worked before. I installed windows 2 years ago but maybe after I upgraded bootcamp or osx or something?

I have been searching for a solution for weeks now without luck.

I really don't know what to do anymore...

Please help...

Regards,

Morten

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 4:26 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2013 3:31 AM in response to MjTheHunter

A user at mac-forums suggested the following:

Backup OS X, wipe the HD, then copy OS X back, partition/resize the HD, either with bootcamp or DU and install Windows and Drivers.

By Backing up I mean, use Carbon Copy Cloner to make a bootable backup, when that is done you can start from the external bootable backup and erase the disk and then the above.

If you want to copy the Recovery Disk as well you need the newer version of CCC or do it manually, CCC if free up until 3.6.7 (But does not have the Recovery clone build in)

Unfortunately that didn't make any difference either..

MBP 15-inch, Late 2008 - Windows 7 black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.