Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I block a wifi signal that is overtaking my connection?

I am having a problem with a new network detected by all my apple products-iPhone 4s,

MacBook Pro running lion and older g4 I book running snow leopard. The network

Is called NOTFREE and had two signals - one secured and one unsecured that says guest.

Everytime any of my computers or phone connect I am redirected to the guest password

Site for Cisco. All my computers say I am connected to my connection, but when a page loads

It is redirected to the same guest login page at Cisco. I have deleted all networks except

Mine on my preferred list and it still goes to this redirected page. And the pull down list

When I click the network symbol at the top says I am on my network. This is very confusing

To me. Could I have a virus ?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 10:04 PM

Sounds like you might be looking for a wireless intrusion prevention system (WIPS). Your wireless equipment may or may not have it built in. If it doesn't you would have to add it as a standalone.

Thanks,

ebrind

3 replies

Mar 28, 2013 2:39 AM in response to Serenity159

If you open System Preferences on one of your Macs, click on Wi-Fi on the left, then unlock (in the bottom left), and then click on Advanced... in the bottom right. It will then list all the Wireless networks that have been added to that Mac.

In this case it sounds like these networks have been previously added, therefore when the Mac is turned on it will try auto-connecting to them again.

You should first delete them from the list, and secondly consider turning off the 'Remember networks this computer has joined' to prevent them being added again.

If these other networks belong to someone else you cannot hide them or disable them, and in many countries jamming them would be illegal and interfere with your own Wi-Fi as well.

How can I block a wifi signal that is overtaking my connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.