Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac setup question - files

Hi there,

This might come across as a stupid question but bear with me.....

I've been using my 13 inch mid 2010 macbook pro as my main computer since I got it. It has all my music, photos etc etc on it.

As I want a proper 'Home' computer setup I'm getting a new 21.5 inch iMac which will become my main computer. My question is whats the best way to set it up. Firstly whats the best way to transfer files accross? Should I just copy everything (I've heard you can do this by linking them with a Mini Displayport cable) Can I have both sharing the same iTunes account &my iPhoto library?

Also can I 'Link' the macbook to the iMac so that if I add to a library on one, it adds to the other? It seems more likely that I should just keep the iMac librarys as the master file and make sure I only add music etc to that one. I'd imagine that there could be issues if I synch my iPhone 4s with more than one machine if the library's are different.

Anyway I hope this makes sense, all input is appreciated!!

Thanks

J

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 6:31 PM

1 reply

iMac setup question - files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.