Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I unpacked a region containing 52 guitar takes. My 4 GB of RAM can't handle it. Does anyone know if I can repack the folders and listen to my takes & comps ? Or will that not make a difference. I think it was working b4 I unpacked the folder?

I unpacked a region containing 52 guitar takes. My 4 GB of RAM can't handle it. Does anyone know if I can repack the folders and listen to my takes & comps ? Or will that not make a difference. I think it was working b4 I unpacked the folder?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 10:23 PM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2013 4:31 AM in response to arifromnyc

Hi

arifromnyc wrote:

Does anyone know if I can repack the folders and listen to my takes & comps ? Or will that not make a difference.

You can re-pack a take folder:

Select all the separate regions then use Region:Folder:Pack Take Folder

You might find some benefit from deleting the used tracks afterwards

CCT

Mar 28, 2013 3:37 PM in response to CCTM

Well, when I get to a fifth or sixth take of a guitar part, I usually think I'd better stop and think about what it is exactly that I want and work on it for a while more before I go for another recording.

Of course, I can see there might be possibilities with improvised music, where you might be able to use parts of, or whole different takes over the course of a piece of music, but you still have to go back to a basic idea about what exactly you want to achieve and whether what you're doing is working - 52 takes just doesn't sound right to me, but maybe you do have a credible explanation.

CCT has given you the way to look at it, anyway - I tend to keep things as simple as possible in my Arrange window, so I think about creating different parts, sometimes as project files of their own; it means that I've got controllable stuff when I get to the mixing stage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.