Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I copy plug ins across from one channel strip to another?

Hi Guys, I am studying Logic via David Nahmani's book on Logic Pro 9.

On page 53 - I am supposed to Command Option Drag the Amp Designer plug in from the Guitar channel strip to the Strings channel but I am not having any success with this.

Can you shed some light on this so that I can get round this issue?

Also when I click on the Amp Designer plug in on the Guitar strip the insert becomes blank - why is that?

Thanks,

T

Logic Pro, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 9:46 AM

Hi

In the Mixer there are only 2 tools available in the Tool Menus: Pointer and Hand. By default the pointer is the Left click tool, the Hand the Command click tool.

The instructions are to Hold Command (to get the default Hand tool) and Option (to copy the plugin rather than to move it), then click hold... drag the plug to another channel. Do not let go of either Command or Option until you have let go with the Mouse. Check that you have the Hand tool as the Command click tool.

TSongbird wrote:

Also when I click on the Amp Designer plug in on the Guitar strip the insert becomes blank - why is that?

Option Clicking on a Plugin or Send will bypass it.

CCT

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2013 9:46 AM in response to TSongbird

Hi

In the Mixer there are only 2 tools available in the Tool Menus: Pointer and Hand. By default the pointer is the Left click tool, the Hand the Command click tool.

The instructions are to Hold Command (to get the default Hand tool) and Option (to copy the plugin rather than to move it), then click hold... drag the plug to another channel. Do not let go of either Command or Option until you have let go with the Mouse. Check that you have the Hand tool as the Command click tool.

TSongbird wrote:

Option Clicking on a Plugin or Send will bypass it.

CCT

How do I copy plug ins across from one channel strip to another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.