Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro "Insert" Function

I am working on my MacBook Pro using Remote Desktop Connection to my PC at work. I need to use the "insert" function for a program I have on my PC. What are the keystrokes to create this function on my MacBook Pro? I have looked online but have only found iMac functions. These do not work on my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 8:27 AM

See if this helps you at all: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5636?viewlocale=en_US

17 replies

Apr 12, 2014 9:55 PM in response to tagguy

Had the same exprience like TagGuy. Did any of the suggestions worked out for you?

BTW this was my problem, I use RDP on my macbook pro to connect to my work pc and I login to my unix account through exceed on-demand client from my work pc. My unix text editor is vim. I tried all possible keystrokes, none of them helped achieve shift+insert (paste) the copied text into the editor. I found out a round about way through good old windows on-screen keyboard. It's a 3 step process but comes handy and acts as my only resort. Anyways, I select the text ( or copy it normally) from anywhere in my pc, then go into the editor and execute shift+insert on the on-screen keyboard and that flawlessly pastes the copied text into my editor. From that time on, I always keep the on-screen keyboard open while doing RDP on my macbook pro.

MacBook Pro "Insert" Function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.