Previous 1 2 Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2016 9:30 AM by reevesjeremy
trenten7 Level 1 Level 1

I currently have the latest update on my Apple TV 3. Whenever I log into my Netflix account then leave the Netflix app, it logs out and I have to log back in re-enterig my email and password.

This is very annoying. Anything I can do?

iMac 21.5, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz RAM
  •  Quintzy44 Level 1 Level 1

I'm having the same issue. It's very annoying. It was working fine before the latest update.

• Hosmoz Level 1 Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. After the latest update on my ATV every time I leave Netflix And return to the app I have to sign in all over again. Yes it is very annoying indeed! I have also restarted the ATV with and without power cycling the device. Hopefully apple will release a patch to correct this issue.

• CrimsonGuard Level 1 Level 1

I am having the same problem as well.  I have both Apple TV 2's and 3's and since the latest update, there has been the issue of having to resign in to Netflix every single time I exit the APP.  This is very frustrating.  Apple can you please patch this ASAP.

• garlandsmith1 Level 1 Level 1

I have the exact opposite ... I'm trying to log out and it won't let me.  When I click on Sign Out all it does it comes out of Netflix. When I go back in it I'm still signed in.  When I press anything else I get an error that my card isn't working.  Help!

• Tbakes73 Level 1 Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I recently bought two Apple TV's and one will remain signed in and the other signs out every time I leave the app. Is there a fix or should I return the ATV that's signing out?

• Jan US Level 1 Level 1

Same problem here. Hopefully they release a patch for this very soon.

• Kevin Friese Level 1 Level 1

I am having the same issue. Apple TV 3 with most recent update. Netflix suddenly us suddenly asking for our password after the Apple TV has been asleep. Everything works fine after the username and password are re-entered.

• megamondo Level 1 Level 1

Yup, I'm having the exact same problem.

On one of my Apple TVs it works fine, on the other, I have to enter my email and password every time.

It used to work fine, then Apple updated the software and now I have this problem.

It's super annoying, and there appears to be no fix for it.

I'm really unhappy.

• RDGreen88 Level 1 Level 1

Been happening since last update, VERY frustrating! Apple please fix!

• ahill84 Level 1 Level 1

I'm having the same issue ... Apple please fix!

• -TJ Level 1 Level 1

This just started happening on my ATV2 two weeks ago. Pretty sad that it hasn't been patched after so long, given that NF is such a popular app. Anybody else feel unloved? In the meantime, I will continue to airplay from my iPad... 

• bookworm370 Level 1 Level 1

It's now Feb of 2014 and the same problem still exists.

But difference is that my ATV2 upstairs does remember the userid and password while the ATV3 (both upgraded to the latest firmware) does not remember the Netflix userid and password.

Netflix app issue or Apple issue is immaterial.   Someone needs to look at it.   Reentering a 14 character email address and 8 character password every time I leave and enter Netflix is getting real old!

• -TJ Level 1 Level 1

At great personal risk to my relationship with Apple and their generally superior products:

Has anyone considered that this "bug" is actually an intentional tactic, designed to frustrate Netflix users and drive traffic to the Apple store?

All it's doing for me is making me shop for solutions elsewhere... Apple has known about this "bug" for 2 years!

• biggerstick Level 1 Level 1

Really?  No solution?   I have 3 apple tv's and 2 of them stay signed in.  One of my apple tvs never stays signed in to netflix.  It is so annoying because it's my daughter's room and i have to sign her in every day while mine stays signed in always.

Previous 1 2 Next