Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple playlist sub-folders to make auto interface easier to scroll through?

I have a lot of artists on my 80 g iPod. Scrolling through them with my Mini Cooper interface takes forever. Getting to D is a chore, and I can never make it to Z. Why doesn't Apple support playlist sub-folders? How would I organize artisits in A-C, D-F,..., so I could search by artists and not through a gigillion songs? The playlists are ok for songs, but with over months worth of songs it would be nice to organize these in subfolders on the iPod (I know how to do this on iTunes, so no need to explain that, it's the iPod I'm questioning). Is there a work-a-round? Will Apple address this in the near future? Thank you. This is mainly for iPod classic, but I also use the iPhone, and touch if there is any difference with those.

iPod classic, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 1:18 PM

I have a 160G iPod Classic (2007) and it supports playlist sub-folders. I use them all the time, especially for greatest hits playlists.

3 replies

Mar 28, 2013 9:18 PM in response to lp12358

I have a folder nested like:

Greatest Hits (folder)

Beatles (playlist)

Genesis (playlist)

Led Zeppelin (playlist)

Who (playlist)

XTC (playlist)

When I plug in my Classic I click on the Greatest Hits folder to sync. On the iPod when I select playlist: Greatest Hits, it shows

Beatles

Genesis

Led Zeppelin

Who

XTC

The same works for having folder inside of folders.

It could be that you have an older 80GB Classic that does not support sub-folders. I forget when they added that to the iPods but I don't believe it's always been available.

CDJunkie

Apple playlist sub-folders to make auto interface easier to scroll through?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.