Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast shows wrong number of new items

The latest update of Podcasts app has made it even worse. I have my app set to get new files during iTunes sync only. No subscriptions directly (that was a nightmare). Before the update, the badge on the app didn't have the number of unlistened files. Within the app, each podcast listed the (correct) number of unlistened files. Just as I'd expect.

Now, The app badge has a large number (429 today) and each podcast has a large number, which doesn't correspond to the number of unlistened tracks at all. Just a big number (18, 15, 5... when there are no new tracks). For each podcast, it shows the files that are on the device PLUS a list of files that aren't downloaded to the device, some of which are shown as new, some partially listened. They don't correspond to the files I've listened to at all.

I can't find new tracks to listen to except by fishing in each podcast list, seeing which are actually on the device, and which of those are actually new.

The numbering is of less than zero value.

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 12:10 PM

ah. deleted the app and reinstalled it. made sure to reject the two suggestions (subscribe and sync) on first use.

Each update, it takes more and more effort to suppress the bad parts of this app.

1 reply

Podcast shows wrong number of new items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.