Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Users are being logged into the server as unknown

I have set up users and groups in workgroup manager and assigned permissions to share points in server admin on a Mac OS X 10.6.8 server. Users are logged into the server with their account ID and password, which should limit their access to the permissions assigned to them or their group, but every user who logs into the server is being logged in as "unknown" with read & write privileges.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 12:51 PM

9 replies

Apr 9, 2013 5:39 AM in response to Don Roedl

Yes. I've included three screen shots of the access control lists for the Sys-Systems Server.

The first screen shot (System Server Access 1) is the file share permissions set up in Server Admin.

User uploaded file

The second screen shot (System Server Access 2) is the way the permissions appear in the Info screen on the server.

User uploaded file

The third screen shot (System Server Access 3) is the way the permissions appear in the Info screen on my computer.

User uploaded file

Apr 9, 2013 9:37 AM in response to Don Roedl

Currently, I'm logged into the server as Administrator. I've tried several different permission configurations, including adding my user to the permissions list and adding different groups to the permissions list. It doesn't seem to matter how I set up the permissions list, whenever I mount a server on my desktop (or the desktop of any user), it always show that I'm logged in as unknown.

Users are being logged into the server as unknown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.