Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp help.

I am currently running Windows 8 on my MacBook Pro with bootcamp. The dedicated video ram on the Windows partition is 32 mb. I would like to use the Windows partition for gaming. Is there any way of increasing the video ram on the Windows partition. And if I only have 32 mb of video ram, will I not be able to play games that require higher vram or will they still work just with worse quality?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), Windows 8

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 3:03 PM

The HD4000 graphics in your Mac has a tiny amount of dedicated memory (the 32 MB you're seeing) and borrows what it needs from your system RAM. That's where OS X reports its 384-512 MB. Games should still work fine, just set your resolution and in-game detail options accordingly. Most games should run OK at the MBP's native 1280x800 resolution at low to medium details.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2013 3:03 PM in response to Nikkii8D

The HD4000 graphics in your Mac has a tiny amount of dedicated memory (the 32 MB you're seeing) and borrows what it needs from your system RAM. That's where OS X reports its 384-512 MB. Games should still work fine, just set your resolution and in-game detail options accordingly. Most games should run OK at the MBP's native 1280x800 resolution at low to medium details.

Bootcamp help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.