Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store always shows Motion needs updating...

I've had this problem for months now. The App Store always shows Motion needs updating. But I have updated Motion (I check to make sure I have the current version).

I've ignored this problem up until now because Motion works fine and I do have the current version. I figured that sooner or later Apple would issue some fix, or that it would disappear on a future Motion or OS update. Well, I just updated to Mountain Lion yesterday, and I've updated Motion at least a couple of times, and the problem continues.

And now it's getting stuck in a loop showing I need to update to 5.0.7, even though I've updated. But now when I look in the update section of the App Store, it shows that it is possible to update (even though I have the current version). If I click "Update" again, it starts downloading and then starts endlessly installing it, but never finishes.

Any idea what's going on here? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 5:16 PM

12 replies

Mar 28, 2013 7:29 PM in response to JDLee

I just updated tonight to 5.0.7 - the update was very large, like 1GB - so this one might take a while - but if you have an unresolved issue from before, you might want to open a case with Apple support.

In general, if you remove an app that you bought from the app store, you can re-install it from the app store (the buy icon turns into an "install" icon)

Mar 29, 2013 5:31 PM in response to GFXZen

I did speak with Apple support last night. I uninstalled & reinstalled, and now I have the current version and it is working fine.

However, I'm still having the same problem I've been having for months: The App Store shows that I need to update Motion, even though I already have the current version. I don't know what is causing that, especially after I uninstalled and reinstalled.

Mar 29, 2013 7:10 PM in response to GFXZen

GFXZen--

Thanks! You are the man (or woman). I forgot I had tucked a backup away. It was one of the first things I bought from the App Store, and I backed it up because I didn't understand that I could just download it again if need be. Then I forgot about it.

I would have NEVER thought of that.

App Store always shows Motion needs updating...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.