Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find the option "Display duplicates" under File

I'm trying to clean my itunes library and remove all the duplicate items. I read the article How to find and remove duplicate items in your iTunes library and it tells to click on File>Display Duplicates, but I don't have that option under my File. What should I do?

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 6:01 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2013 6:47 PM in response to esstermoore

Use Shift > View > Show Exact Duplicate Items to reveal the exact duplicates as this is normally a more useful selection. You need to manually select all but one of each repeating group to remove. If the duplicates were added recently sorting on date added and deleting the recent additions can be straightforward, although you'll want to make sure there really two sets of files with the same content before you throw any away otherwise you may find your remaining tracks have been broken by the clean-up process.

Use my DeDuper script if you don't want to do it by hand. Please take note of the warning to backup your library before deduping. See this thread for background.

tt2

I can't find the option "Display duplicates" under File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.