Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BootCamp MBR partition table is not correct

I have a 27-inch iMac (Late 2012) running OS X (10.8.3) with a 1TB Fusion drive (128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD). I used BootCamp Assistant to create a 252 GB partition for a Windows Server 2012 installation; however, when the system boots into Windows setup, it does not detect the correct partitioning scheme. Presumably this is because it is not reading the Fusion Drive LVM correctly (as it shows two separate drives). I can install to the BootCamp partition (the size is read incorrectly as 232 GB) no problem. The system works fine, until I attempted to run the BootCamp system from within Parallels, which reports a GPT-MBR sync issue (this is confirmed with other utilities, including Windows which still shows an improper partitioning scheme). I have attempted to install rEFIt to use its 'gptsync' utility, but rEFIt will not start even after proper installation and configuring, presumably due to it residing on the HDD while the system boots from the SSD. Is there any other method by which I can sync the GPT and the MBR? Or is there a method by which I can configure my system to boot into the rEFIt environment?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), BootCamp

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 6:54 PM

There are no replies.

BootCamp MBR partition table is not correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.