Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.0.8 Losing Ability To See Raid

Just updated system to 10.8.3 and then installed the FCP X 10.0.8 update.

All projects and events are stored on my external Raid, and I had no issues until the 10.0.8 update.

When I launch 10.0.8, my Raid appears and all of the associated projects and events start loading, flash on the screen momentarily and then the raid drops completely, Unable to see the Raid nor any files on it. I double checked that the Raid was still mounted and functioning, which it is.

MacPro (2008)

16gb RAM

ATTO R680 to SAS raid

Quadro 4000

Kona 3G (with most current AJA drivers)

Ned Soltz

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 7:49 PM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2013 8:37 PM in response to James Cude

No Private or Video folders at root.

All of the Events and Projects load. Then they immediately disappear as does the raid. If I create a new Event on the system drive and try to import footage, FCP X doesn't even see the Raid to import footage.

Have reset prefs several times with same result.

Launched both Avid MC 6 as well as PPro CS6 and both apps see the raid, see projects stored on that raid and can import footage.

Mar 28, 2013 10:06 PM in response to Ned Soltz

Looking a bit more carefully in the Import window, I see that 10.0.8 is seeing my Raid as a Camera rather than as a Device.

There was an old XDCAM BPAV folder lurking at the root level of the raid. Removed it and now 10.0.8 sees the raid as a drive again and all my events and projects are back.

I know this is a known issue in X. I suppose the real question is why it took until 10.0.8 to rear its head since that folder has been sitting on the Raid for over a year.

10.0.8 Losing Ability To See Raid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.