Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a setting to show new voicemail on my lock screen?

If I miss seeing or hearing an incoming message and don't check my voicemail manually, I miss many voicemail messages for long periods of time.

Is there a setting that notifies you of a new voicemail on your lockscreen, or at least on your home page of apps? A notification that stays there till you listen to the actual message?

Steve

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2017 9:17 AM

I want to set voicemail notification on lock screen

7 replies

Mar 28, 2013 8:33 PM in response to nevets2

You should get a notification on the lock screen yes It should tell you the #, and a missed call, and if there is a voicemail message. Once you unlock the screen the notification is gone and the only reference will be the phone badge as talked about in the above post.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.8.3) 2.4GHz IntelCore i5 320 HD 8GB RAM ParallelsDesktop8.0 iPhone5_iOS6.1.2

Mar 28, 2013 8:47 PM in response to nevets2

The phone badge does not seperate out missed calls and messages. ex one missed call plus a message from the same caller still gets marked as 2. It could of been 2 missed calls no messages.

You do not see the whole story until you open the phone app and it is clearly marked.

And yes that notification of a voicemail will stay there until you listen to it.

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Mar 28, 2013 11:47 PM in response to natancaleb

Wow. Never realizeded that. The red dot is always there

Reason that wasn't useful to me until no was that i had let old voicemails that I hadn't listened to for one reason or another pile up so that number in the red dot became meaningless to me since I did not keep track if it went from 38 to 39, say.

So now I listened to all of them and erased many so that the number in the red dot is reset to 0 - actually there is no red dot at all, but once I do get a new voicemail it will reappear. Now I just have to train myself to look for the red dot with number in it as an indicator of new unlistened to voice mails.

Thanks

Steve

That other nifty feature that has a new voicemail appearing on the lock screen - I bet that's an iPhone 5 or 4S feature. I have an iPhone 4. 😟

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.