Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

green light next to camera on iMac is coming on for one user no reason

I have a family iMac set up for four users. When my youngest child signs under her user the green light next to the camera comes on almost immediately. Her home page is Disney and she is mostly there on the web or on Netflix when she signs on. The only way I can seem to get it to turn off is to log her out. It does not come on for any of the other log ins.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 10:41 PM

While your daughter is logged on and the camera is on, go to "Force Quit ..." (under the Apple logo in the Menu bar). That will list the applications that are currently running. Hopefully from that list you can identify the one that has your camera operating (e.g., Photo Booth, Skype).

It may be that your daughter has this application set up to automatically start when she logs in. You can check that in System Preferences (also under the Apple logo) > Users & Groups then click "Login Items" on top.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2013 10:41 PM in response to Forcefour

While your daughter is logged on and the camera is on, go to "Force Quit ..." (under the Apple logo in the Menu bar). That will list the applications that are currently running. Hopefully from that list you can identify the one that has your camera operating (e.g., Photo Booth, Skype).

It may be that your daughter has this application set up to automatically start when she logs in. You can check that in System Preferences (also under the Apple logo) > Users & Groups then click "Login Items" on top.

green light next to camera on iMac is coming on for one user no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.