Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set for iWork 2012

Hi all

I have recently dowloaded iWork set 2012 (ver 1.0) from the App Store onto my MacBrookPro. It looks great, showing all the templates for Pages, Numbers and Keynote, but when I go to click on any of them to execute it, the small terminal window comes up showing

"Last login: Mon Mar 18 18:23:36 on console

Jennifers-MacBook-Pro:Book Landscape 04.template jennygarrett5$"

That's it - I can do nothing.

Running OSX 10.7.5

I do have Windows Parallels installed, but inactive

I've got Office 2011.

As I'm a distance teacher, I try to have the same software as my students, so I've got PCs with Windows Vista, 7, 8; Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013. Mac, iPad, etc. This is the only one that hasn't worked well for me.

Does anyone have any ideas? Would there be a conflict with Office?

Thanks, Jenny

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 9:55 PM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2013 12:14 AM in response to Gadgetmumma

OK, I understand. It is a TEMPLATE set for iWork, not iWork itself. The templates got hopefully installed when you double clicked on them and should be availeble in Pages, Keynotes and Numbers if you open those applications and look in the Tempate chooser.

If you exspected to get the iWorks applications they are sold separetely under their own names Pages, Numbers and Keynotes.

Set for iWork 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.