Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It seems like I just missed the interval for the hard disk replacement program. I purchased in March 2009 a 24 inch Intel iMac . How much does it cost to have apple support at an Apple Store replace a hard drive?

It seems like I just missed the interval for the hard disk replacement program. I purchased in March 2009 a 24 inch Intel iMac . How much does it cost to have apple support at an Apple Store replace a hard drive?

Airport Extreme-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 3:01 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2013 3:03 AM in response to Archangel5

If you are referring to the iMac 1 TB Seagate Replacement Program, you should know that it only applies to 21'5 and 27-inch iMacs bough between October 2009 and July 2011, so your iMac wasn't eligible for it.

24-inch iMacs like yours aren't affected by any hard drive problems. Just make backups of your data onto external drives and continue using the iMac as you did since you bought the iMac

Mar 29, 2013 3:09 AM in response to mende1

My hard drive continually has the floating beach ball and will take massive time to fulfill a request. And then will not boot up...so then I have to do a restore and rebuild hard drive from a past saved time machine version. Works for a little bit...then the floating beachball comes more and more...until it will not boot up again. So then I restore from a previous time machine saved version....and again it works for a day or so ... until it happens again. Now it's happening faster and faster...so I think my hard drive is dying.

Mar 29, 2013 3:11 AM in response to Archangel5

You are right. Your hard drive is dying, but all hard drives fail. There are different reasons for this, like their use or their temperature of use.

Just take the computer to an Apple Store or reseller to get the hard drive replaced. The cost depends on the hard drive your Mac uses, but the hard drive isn't the most expensive part of your iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.