Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to slow music playback speed

I've seen on the Internet a number of posts about how simple it is to slow down the payback speed of a song so that you can learn to play parts of the song. Many say this is built into Quicktime, and you simply click the windows tab and select show a/v controls. There is even a pdf file showing this in the dropdown menu. But on my system, the show a/v controls does not appear on the windows drop down menu. I have version 10.2 of the quicktime player. Has this feature been removed? If not, where is it now? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 5:02 AM

It's in QuickTime Player 7, which may be in your Utilities folder (in the Applications folder). If it's not there, you can download it from:

<http://support.apple.com/kb/DL923>

4 replies

Mar 29, 2013 5:21 AM in response to Gillis4814

I have version 10.2 of the quicktime player. Has this feature been removed? If not, where is it now?

This A/V controls were never a feature included in the QT X player app. They are included in the older QT 7 player app. You can download and install a special version of QT 7 (v7.6.6) which is compatible with your Mountain Lion sysyem. (Note: This app will install in your "Applications/Utilities" folder—make sure you leave it there.) Here are the instructions for downloading and installing the QT 7 v7.6.6 player app.

ADDED: Oops! duplicated above responder's answer. Sorry!

User uploaded file

How to slow music playback speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.