Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot play purchased music on phone

Hello there.

I'm having this problem where withj tunes I have downloaded / purchsed appear in my iTunes library. They play in the library fine.Then I copy them onto my iPhone 5 and they appear, but with either a empty circle of dotted lines icon on the left. And they won't play.

I'm sure this is a common problem with an obvious solution, but I'm stumped. Any help gratefully received.

Ben

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 6:40 AM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2014 11:20 AM in response to Piears

This happened to me too, March 2014. Apple Support said it was due to purchasing music on the phone and the computer and the purchases not syncing properly. They had me back up my iPhone 5, then restore (scary!), then reload from the backup. That fixed it! All my music was there, no greyed out songs or playlists. Although today I downloaded an album on my iPhone 5 and can only play it from the store. Haven't tried to sync with the Mac yet. I'll figure it out!

cannot play purchased music on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.