Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it true that iOS 6.1.3 is causing battery drainage problem?

Hello friends,

Recently I bought iPhone5 which is running on iOS 6.0.2, the day I bought my iPhone, and after creating apple id , the first thing I noticed about the pending software update i.e. iOS 6.1.3 , I browsed about this update and many people are complaining about the serious battery drainage issues. As I am very new to this iOS thing, I would like to have your valuable advice for the same.

Even on in iOS 6.0.2 Battery won't lasts that long as expected. I hope that this forum for sure help me in resolving my problem.

Thanks

Dr Ayush Singh

Veterinary Officer

Sheep Breeding Farm

Chamoli (Uttarakhand)

iPhone5 iOS6.0.2

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 7:52 AM

we have 2 iphone 5 and 1 iphone 4, fully updated and no problems what so ever.

14 replies

Mar 30, 2013 1:51 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Hello,

A big thanks to both of you for replying me, and I updated my iPhone5 to iOS 6.1.3 and I didn't experience the "Battery Drainage" issue.. infact I am seeing considerable improvement in my Battery. Lastly again I would like to thank you for solving my queries 😀

Thanks

Dr. Ayush Singh

Veterinary Officer

Sheep Breeding Farm

Chamoli (Uttarakhand)

India

iPhone5 iOS 6.1.3

Apr 26, 2013 3:45 PM in response to DrAyush

I too am experiencing the battery drain issue. It started immediately following my upgrade to IOS 6.1.3 on my iphone5, which I only did last weekend. Phone is 6 months old and my battery goes from 100% to dead within 10 hours of zero use. There are times when it is unaccountably warm, so it is busy doing something.

I read the note from Chamar that said keep in mind that only people with problems post here. This is the first post I have ever made in my life (40 something), so also keep in mind that for every post here there is a mountain of people out there suffering with the same problem simply groping around for an answer.

May 28, 2013 12:56 AM in response to DrAyush

I have seen a iPhone 5, updated to 6.1.3 (3 months old). Drain 1% every 3 minuttes. And this was a clean terminal. Reinstalled iOs (terminal off, hold home button connect cable to iTunes), and NO mail accounts or any applications installed. Only connected to a wifi net and of course the mobile net. 6.1.3 is a faulty update.

Hands down.

/Brickhead

Is it true that iOS 6.1.3 is causing battery drainage problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.