Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what do i do?

i restored my phone and wen it was done it said, were sorry we are unable to continue with your activation. it wont let me do anything frim my cpu to the iphone, cause it says that on the screen when i click on my iphone from itunes

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 6:41 AM

Possible causes:

1. Your antivirus is blocking access to gs.apple.com.

2. Your phone is jailbroken.

3. Your computer has been used at some time in the past to jaibreak some iOS device (not necessarily the phone with the problem), and its network database was corrupted by the hacking software that was used.

4. Apple's activation servers are down (very rare, and never for more than an hour or so).

For 1. try disabling your antivirus.

For 2. & 3. you need to go somewhere other than an apple forum for help. Although you can try deleting lines containing gs.apple.com from your "hosts" file on your computer.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2013 6:41 AM in response to steve william edney

Possible causes:

1. Your antivirus is blocking access to gs.apple.com.

2. Your phone is jailbroken.

3. Your computer has been used at some time in the past to jaibreak some iOS device (not necessarily the phone with the problem), and its network database was corrupted by the hacking software that was used.

4. Apple's activation servers are down (very rare, and never for more than an hour or so).

For 1. try disabling your antivirus.

For 2. & 3. you need to go somewhere other than an apple forum for help. Although you can try deleting lines containing gs.apple.com from your "hosts" file on your computer.

what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.