Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 and 2012 Retina MBP SSD question

So basically I have a 2012 retina mbp I bought when it was released with a 768gb ssd.

I want to get the new 2013 retina MBP and keep my 768gb SSD from my current retina macbook.

I heard they use different parts but will my 2012 RMBP SSD fit in the new 2013 rmbp?

Can't find the answer anywhere. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Macbook Pro Unibody, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 9:38 AM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2013 9:44 AM in response to hipdeejay

It may or it may not. I have no idea if Apple changed the design of the SSD card (It is a card that plugs into a socket on the logic board) or if they just changed manufacturers (From Samsung to ?????. I forget which make).

But take note that if you take the Retina's apart and switch out the SSDs you have basically voided the warranty on both systems.

Mar 29, 2013 10:42 AM in response to Shootist007

Thanks for the input. I read that apple changed the new SSds forms Samsung to Sandisk.

My current SSD is Samsung 768 in my 2012 retina.

I just want to make sure before purchasing a new 2013 retina that my older Samsung SSD will still be compatible.

I guess there's only one way to find out.

I guess not many people would know here. Ill post back here with my findings once I have the new 2013 rmbp

Thanks again!

2013 and 2012 Retina MBP SSD question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.