Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insert a table in a mail

Well, the question is in the subject.

How do you insert a table in an email, using iOS mail?

Looks stupid, but I can't find it...

Cheers

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 11:12 AM

28 replies

Aug 13, 2013 10:14 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Bob, like we say in French, you lost an opportunity to keep your mouth shut...😁

Apple obvioulsy does not give propoer attention to their email software: No real editor (see this thread), no reliable signature formatting, no receipt acknowledgment etc...

That's strange. We are millions of professionals using our macs for business but this seem to be of no importance to Apple.

Aug 14, 2013 6:37 AM in response to fmontrelay

Receipt acknowledgement is not "professional." It is an intrusion into your recipient's privacy.

The email "editor" is just fine. I have no desire to see a bunch of random font colors, mixed sizes, and all that other crap in an email.

Receiving either of those things in an email makes me not want to do business with you. It's a sad state that people are impressed by that.

Aug 14, 2013 8:40 AM in response to fmontrelay

fmontrelay wrote:

Unfortunately, though you may be right, receipt if often needed for legal reasons.

That being said, I don't see why Apple should rule how I send emails. If they say this is for privacy reasons, I'l have a big laugh given everything they know about me (specially on my iPhone) and that I don't know they know.

If you need a receipt for legal reasons, the email read receipt will not do it. Even if an email client allows read receipt requests, it is totally within the control of the recipient whether or not they send the receipt. You have no control over read receipts even if your email client supports read receipts.

insert a table in a mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.