Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dont know which mac laptop to choose! air or pro?

hello apple crew!

i am looking to buy a new laptop but i dont know whether to choose the macbook pro or air?

needs:

• i listen to music & have a big itunes collection on my current laptop
  • i watch a lot of films online via putlocker, netflix, bbc iplayer etc & need good buffering/interent
  • online shopping/lots of browsing via twitter, tumblr etc so need reasonably quick interent
  • have a lot of photos from over the years so i need storage maybe?

i also dont know what GB to get either whether it be the air or pro, i would like this laptop to last me a long time as well

but i am not going to university or college just for every day needs really

if somebody could reply or help me that would be great :-)

MacBook

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 11:39 AM

since i own both macbook air and macbook pro - here's my take.

if you get a macbook air - get it with at least 8GB of RAM and 256GB Flash Storage since you can't upgrade the RAM in the future and upgrading the flash storage to something larger will be costly in the future.

if you get a macbook pro (non retina) then you can do the RAM and Hard Drive upgrade in the future and the cost will be less than upgrading a Macbook Air's flash storage.

since you have lot's of movies and tunes - go with the Macbook Pro.

then again, that's just my opinion.

good luck

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2013 11:39 AM in response to rosiepw

since i own both macbook air and macbook pro - here's my take.

if you get a macbook air - get it with at least 8GB of RAM and 256GB Flash Storage since you can't upgrade the RAM in the future and upgrading the flash storage to something larger will be costly in the future.

if you get a macbook pro (non retina) then you can do the RAM and Hard Drive upgrade in the future and the cost will be less than upgrading a Macbook Air's flash storage.

since you have lot's of movies and tunes - go with the Macbook Pro.

then again, that's just my opinion.

good luck

Mar 29, 2013 4:11 PM in response to rosiepw

yes, you should go with the 13 Inch Macbook Pro (non Retina) if you want something that's upgradeable in the future. I had the 15 Inch Macbook Retina - got rid of it after a few months of use.

I wouldn't go with the 11 Inch Macbook Air - too small of a screen.

Keep in mind however, the 13 Inch Macbook Air has a better screen resolution at 1440 x 900 than the 1280 x 800 in the 13 Inch Macbook Pro.

Best thing to do is for you to go to the Apple Store and compare both - the Macbook Air is nice a light and the Macbook Pro is a little on the heavy side.

Good luck

i dont know which mac laptop to choose! air or pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.