Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the latest garageband version as of 3/13?

Also, the lateset song I'm working on keeps going out of sync. Specifically, as I continue to add tracks and modify loops the measures get out of sync. The song still sounds the same but the loops are all off the exact measures line slightly. It makes it impossible to add additional tracks/loops because nothing is exactly on the measure marks. I have tried to do the entire song from scratch 3 times. What am I doing to send the measures out of sync? This is my 5th composition. The first 4 are fine.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), This is on my MackBook Pro

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 2:11 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2013 10:00 PM in response to DwickedLong

The latest GarageBand Version is GarageBand '11 (6.0.5). It requies MacOS X 10.6.8 or later.

Also, the lateset song I'm working on keeps going out of sync.

What is your GarageBand version? Are your problematic loops real instrument loops?

the only way I know to get loops out of sync would be to enable the "Tempo" automation for the "Master Track", change the tempo locally, but disable "Follow Tempo & Pitch" on the real instrument loops. That would cause your loops to stay at a different tempo from the main project. For example:

User uploaded file

If you do not have a "Master Tempo" automation set, but still do see the same effect, your GarageBand Preferences file may be broken:

In that case I'd try HangTime's fixes for "oddball problems", i.e. delete GB's preferences and repairing permissions on your computer, as described in the FAQ, see:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/FAQPages/OddBallProbs.html

Regards

Léonie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.