Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to 5.2.1 cannot view movies - any suggestions?

I updated to 5.2.1 and now I cannot view movies. I can access iTunes store and the slection screen comes up. When I select a movie, it seems to try to access movie, but then the selection screen reappears. BUT when I try to view a movie from my computer it works, so it seems to be a problem strictly with Apple tv.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 2:48 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2013 5:30 PM in response to Clockwork Princess

After upgrading to 5.2.1 I wasn't able to view my movies or tv shows (I wasn't using homesharing). I kept getting "can't connect to Apple store" and unable to access account errors.

I found this thread and some others, and was a bit frustraited that there was no clean solution. I restarted my AppleTV, but didn't want to reset if I didn't need to b/c I didn't want to re-enter all my account info. So I tried something simple....

I simply unplugged AppleTV for ~1min, and plugged it back in. After that it worked fine.

I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else, but it's worth a try since it's easy.

After updating to 5.2.1 cannot view movies - any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.