Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deauthorization

if i deauthorize all computers will i lose all my music off the current computer i have because i want to authorize my mac and the other authorized computers were thrown out because they broke...

MacBook Air, my original computer is a pc

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 9:02 PM

Deauthoirzation does not erase music. It simply affects your ability to access that music.

It sounds like you should deauthorize all computers, then authorize the one you want, and all will be fine.

3 replies

May 25, 2015 8:35 AM in response to sberman

bought new laptop and installed iTunes

then it tells me that i need to authorize my computer.

authorization failed, said that i reached maximum of 5 computers.

then says to deauthorize some or all computers.

then it tells me that i can only do this once a year, even though I've never done it in the past.

went to apple shop and they said must wait more than 4 hours.

went home and deleted 4 previously authorized apple devices.

Still can't authorize my iPhone 6 plus on itunes, even though it was authorized and backed up many times on my old laptop.

this is driving me crazy.

Not sure why apple would make this so complicated.

thought apple was supposed to be user friendly

also can't get help from the apple shop

hope apple company would make it more user friendly and easy for all of us to get this done.

think should be able to do it using the apple.com itunes website.

Sorry but I'm venting, and think more users have or had have this same issue

May 25, 2015 11:56 AM in response to mrxx4

First, it would be better to start your own post in the future rather than respond to something two years old that has already been solved.

Next you say:

mrxx4 wrote:

Still can't authorize my iPhone 6 plus on itunes, even though it was authorized and backed up many times on my old laptop.

As you noted above saying this, computers get authorized. iPhones do not get authorized.

deauthorization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.