Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream crashes Windows Explorer when new photo is added

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and as my title states, Windows Explorer crashes most of the time when a photo is uploaded from my iOS devices (iPhone 4, iPad 2) to Photo Stream.

I have seen many posts regarding the imcompatabilites between iCloud and Windows machines. Regardless, I thougght I would post this on here in hope that someone might know the fix to this. As many of my background program relies on Windows Explorer to be consistent, this restarting of Explorer cause me to manually restart many other programs, as well as fear of file corruption.

I personally haven't uninstalled iCloud as of yet as it is a great part of my workflow. In addition, this is a new machine I have purchased, but this problem has carried over from my last laptop onto here, so I'm certain that iCloud is the culprit. Furthermore, in hope of preventing this problem as I received this new machine, I had installed iCloud after many of my other programs. Still the problem persists.

Thank you for reading, and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

iCloud-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 4:51 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2013 6:52 PM in response to neo0031

Same here... I have the very same problem on a very clean installation of Windows 7 64bit. Everything was fine until I activated the Photo Stream in iCloud. It crashes the explorer and only CTRL ALT DEL and log off from windows brings my Laptop back alive. I am also running DropBox on my laptop with no any problems or errors.

I would love to use Photo Stream.

Aug 1, 2013 5:26 AM in response to randers4

Unfortunately I have uninstalled iCloud long ago. For good. Pretty much lost faith in the whole product and altered my workflow to live without it. Sad I know. But installing again and facing the errors again is not fun until I know it's been revamped majorly.

I will try again when Apple releases iOS 7. Maybe they'll have some updates on iCloud too.

Pretty annoying that iTunes asks me to install iClous everytime I plug in my phone though.

And yes, I use Dropbox with no problems too.

Photostream crashes Windows Explorer when new photo is added

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.