Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System enters wrong default name in Mail

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that my computer has the wrong default name when I add new mail accounts, both in mail.app and System Preferences > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. When I click to add a new account in either application, the name field is automatically filled in with my brother's name (who has never touched my computer, is not on my local network, nor have I created any accounts for him). In System Preferences, my four Gmail accounts appear with his name listed so I deleted and re-added the accounts and they still keep defaulting to his name. If I click to add a Microsoft Outlook account, the wrong name also autofills which is why I suspect this is a system-wide issue (at least with email, but not exclusive to Gmail). My accounts in mail.app are under my name as well as the Users & Groups in Sys Prefs. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 1:24 AM

Open Address Book, find your card with your correct details noted on it, and then go to Card > Make this my card.

6 replies

System enters wrong default name in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.