Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to print to an Artisian 710

I'm trying to print to an Artisian 710 from my iPad 2. Prints fine to my Artisian 730 in a different location.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 7:58 PM

The Epson Artisan 710 printer does not support Airprint, however, the Epson Artisan 730 does support Airprint.

See here for lists of Airprint-capable printers: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

2 replies

Mar 29, 2013 8:06 PM in response to baldeagle747

The straight forward answer is that to print from any ios device you need an "airprint" capable printer. The specs I've looked at on the Epson site tell me that your 710 is NOT airprint capable, but your 730 IS airprint capable.

That being said, there are a number of glitchy apps that are available to enable an ios device to print to a non airprint capable printer, but they generally don't work very well. The best of these apps is "Printopia" which utilizes a Mac computer to act as an interface between an ios device and a printer. The Mac computer must be available and turned on to enable the print function.

Trying to print to an Artisian 710

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.