Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina – Item fell in vents below screen (in hinge when open)

Hi.

So I have a MacBook Pro with Retina Display. When the laptop is open, below the screen. there are these rectangular holes with rounded corners that are part of the ventilation, beneath/inside the hinge (below the black part, but part of the alumninum part). I managed to lose a small piece of my medication in one of those holes. Should I be concerned about my computer? I have shook the computer and I don't hear anything moving around. I tried to open the unibody, but I don't have a screw driver small enough to open it. My computer isn't working hard now, but I often perform tasks that cause it to become very warm (especially in that area) and start kicking up the fans. I'm debating whether or not I should just leave it or take it into Apple; the closest Mac store is about 45 minutes away, so I totally have to go out of my way to get there, and it may be a few days before I can go in due to family events.

Any advice or information that may be helpful? Really, anything would be great. And, if your advice is to take it in, how many days do you think I can go without bringing it in (given that the Apple store is far away and it's a holiday weekend)? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 9:56 PM

1 reply

MacBook Pro Retina – Item fell in vents below screen (in hinge when open)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.