Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i lost one of my final cut pro cds is there anyway i can download it from the app stoore without paying if i have the product key and serial number?

i am trying to download my final cut pro 7 cds but one is missing, motion disk 2, and i really need this without paying for a brand new final cut is there anyway i can still download it if i have the product key and serial number

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2013 11:41 PM

I'm sorry, no. Apple discontinued FCS 3 nearly two years ago...and only sold the disks to enterprise clients for 6 months after that. They no longer carry it, and they never made it available for download. The only place to find them is on eBay.

Sorry mate

3 replies

Mar 30, 2013 5:38 AM in response to TacTob

It's a long shot but no harm in calling Apple to see if they can help. (They surely have plenty of Motion content disks so that they coulld easily copy one for you.)

This is reminder of why it's a good idea to make back-up img files…guards against lost and damaged disks and much faster re-installs. Good luck.

Russ

Mar 30, 2013 7:14 AM in response to TacTob

Maybe you know someone who has a copy of the disc your missing. Or, go to a Final Cut or Mac meeting in your area and see if someone can help you out.

If and when you get this sorted out:

Another good idea is to make image discs of all the discs (FCS) and store the image discs (47.79 gigs) on a separate drive or even a thumb drive. And put the FCS discs (box) in a safe place. Along with the serial number... (I have the serial number stored on the cloud. Cut and paste... could never get the serial number right on the first try 😟.)

An added plus... the image discs will install FCS faster compared to using the DVDs. (In about 35 or so minutes.) Each image disc will load when needed. You don't have to baby-sit the installation.

i lost one of my final cut pro cds is there anyway i can download it from the app stoore without paying if i have the product key and serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.