Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Won't Open My Bank Sign in

Hi!

Safari [Version 6.0.3 (7536.28.10) running on Mac OSX Version 10.7.5 on my mid-2011 iMac] about a week ago began NOT to open my bank sign-in page at Ingdirect.it, which is in Italy. The website either reports that the page is temporarily inaccessible and to try again later (*see below) or shows nothing but a big orange empty screen, while the URL bar reads "https://secure.ingdirect.it/SessionExpired.aspx," which seems illogical since the site had not been opened to have had expired. I phoned Ing Direct to ask why the site was offline and discovered it is online for everyone else; so the problem seems to be with my computer not the site.

The site had been green-lighted, with the Trusted thingy ahead of the url. The URL should read "https://secure.ingdirect.it/Login.aspx"

In the meantime, I have resorted to downloading Opera and using that browser to access my bank website. However, I'd like my iMac and Apple software to run like a top; so I'd like to fix this.

In Safari, I have:

√ Emptied Cache on the Develop menu: but when doing so, I see no sign that anything has happened, no dialog window, message, etc.

√ Reset Safari: Many times now. I preserved only my "saved names and passwords" and clear out all other options.

√ Removed Website Data on Safari Preferences's Security menu...many times, to no avail.

Many thanks!

J

*This is a copy of what the bank's message reads:

User uploaded file

Siamo spiacenti, al momento non è possibile dare seguito alla tua richiesta.
Se sei già cliente di ING DIRECT ti preghiamo di riprovare più tardi.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Mid 2011

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 3:17 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2013 3:28 AM in response to BABBOvicenza

More information:

The bank's site claims not to be (fully) optimized to support Apple browsers, with the following caveat:

Statement:

"Il sito non è stato ottimizzato per l'utilizzo con sistemi operativi, piattaforme (es. Macintosh) o browser diversi da quelli sopra indicati.

Su piatta forme Macintosh, è comunque possibile visualizzarne le pagine tenendo però presente quanto segue:

- Con sistema operativo Mac OS X 10.2 o successivo è consigliabile l' utilizzo del browser Safari o Mozilla Firefox

- Sconsigliamo l’utilizzo del browser Internet Explorer 6 perché potresti avere problemi di visualizzazione"

Which basically means it CAN be used with MY system. Moreover, I had been using it for about a year, so it was working well up to a week ago.

J

Safari Won't Open My Bank Sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.