Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto will not open what do I do?

When I try to open my iphoto, it starts the spinning loading wheel but never opens. I do not want to lose my pictures. What should I do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 5:26 AM

6 replies

Mar 30, 2013 7:43 AM in response to ellebelle825

Yes, go ahead and update iPhoto.

Updating iPhoto will not damage the iPhoto Library. All your pictures are stored there.

Do you have a back up? If you do, your photos are saved there as well, and will remain there regardless of what happens on the MBA.

iPhoto Library is in a folder called Pictures, which in turn is in your home folder (the folder that has a house and your name).

Go to Apple Menu (top left) and select About This Mac. The pane that comes up will tell you the precise version of Mac OS X you are running.

Mar 30, 2013 8:23 AM in response to ellebelle825

Please check what version of iPhoto you have. To do that go to your Applications folder (in your hard drive), find iPhoto, select it and type command + i (two keys together). The pane that comes up will tell you the version. 8.1.2 is the last version for OS 10.6.8 that was free. You can buy a more recent version if you need it.

User uploaded file

See this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4052

Iphoto will not open what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.