Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iPod shuffle to iPad

I need a way of connecting my shuffle to my iPad as I don't have a computer!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 3:17 AM

Then, you needed to read the system requirements before buying. And don't "presume" to tell me how to write my posts.

FYI - If you bought it at an Apple Store, you can take it back for a refund within 14 days.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

7 replies

Mar 30, 2013 3:02 PM in response to Mojojojo.beans

The iPad does not have a USB port. Plus, it's a bad idea to have one device that runs off of a battery charge another device that runs off of a battery. And an iPad can onlly hold a fraction of the songs in a typical user'siTunes library, compared to a full compuiter with a large hard drive. There are many reasons...

An iPad does what it does well (and people "love" them), because it is "streamlined" and intentionally designed to NOT do many things a full-sized computer can do. If you design it to do everything, then you end up with something like Microsoft's Surface.

At the time you purchased your shuffle, you understood it required a Mac or Windows PC running iTunes. That has not changed.

Mar 31, 2013 3:10 AM in response to houdgard

I would disagree completely. I have had three laptops (Packard bell, hp, dell) and a desktop computer and loved them but once I got my iPad I didn't foresee me ever buying a laptop ever again. I can do all my work, planning, tracking and assessment and I can do much more than I could on my laptops. The only thing I can't do is connect my shuffle! I understand why but I believe it's a mistake and misses out creating a more user friendly apple experience.

Mar 31, 2013 3:12 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

"At the time you bought your shuffle you understood it required a mac or windows PC, that has not changed" do not be presumptuous. I bough my shuffle yesterday, under the belief Apple would design all products to work together, as to me that would make good business sense! Also please do not put quotation marks round the word "love" it was unnecessary and patronising.

I believe having all Apple products able to work together would mean people do not need Microsoft! Apple would be everyone's first choice!

Connecting iPod shuffle to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.