Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Mail keeps getting unselected in System Preferences

Have a strange occurrence with my iCloud account on both my Mac Mini and MacBook Air, running 10.8.3 but this started under 10.8.2. iCloud Mail keeps getting unchecked in the iCloud pref pane in System Preferences and the account periodically vanishes from Mail. I have watched the Mail icon in System Preferences get unchecked sometimes just seconds after I have checked it. In Mail (Mail.app) when this happens, behavior varies. Sometimes iCloud is gone from Mail.app and the account has to be set up again. Other times the account is still there but instead of showing up in Mail.app preferences it shows up as a generic "icloud.com iMAP" account.

Any ideas? Deleting preference files, certificates, etc.? Signing out of iCloud on both computers and signing back in did not help. I have not tried creating a new user account on the computer and syncing my 10-15 GB of iCloud data over to that account yet.

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 7:29 AM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2013 2:43 PM in response to Joel Nelson

Hi Joel,

Sorry, but I'm not helping, just adding another one to your query.

I've been seeing a similar issue too. The 'Mail' option in the iCloud settings is being unchecked, but I'm seeing two new accounts in the Mail, Calendars and Notes preferences, one for mail settings, and another for Notes, showing a blue @ icon.

I've noticed that these two are using two different aliases from the account as the account details. Otherwise all are actually working OK, but it's rather puzzling as to what is occurring.

In my case, rechecking it doesn’t seem to have any affect.

iCloud Mail keeps getting unselected in System Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.