Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal Battery for Mini (Late 2009) ?

I was wondering if my Mac Mni (Late 2009) has an internal battery that needs to be replaced? I have been having a problem lately with some settings that disappear. The setting that has been disappearing is that I put folders I use a lot in sidebar of the Finder window and all of a sudden they are not there. It has happened a few times in the last few months. Not sure if this even is related to any internal battery or not though. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, Jeff

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 gb RAM

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 1:51 PM

The battery is dead if when you start the computer, the time & date resets to default. Try disconnecting from the Internet, shut down, and restart after a few seconds. Is the time still right or it's gone bad?

4 replies

Mar 31, 2013 6:55 AM in response to Eustace Mendis

Well, I figured out why it is happening but not sure yet how to fix it. The items in the Sidebar that disappear are ones that are physicaly on an external drive. They disappear when I use any maintenance program, like Disk Warrior for example, that takes the drive off the desktop.

I tried using an alias of the folder and then taking the alias to the Sidebar but apparently that is all the OS does when you drag a folder to the Sidebar. Any ideas out there? I really like having those items in the Sidebar as they save me a lot time and effort.

As far as installing a new PRAM battery I might look into getting one so I have it when I need it. As far as installing that isn't a problem as I have taken my Mac Mini apart a number of times. If your wondering why I use an external drive for data flies and therefore need the Sidebar directing me to that external drve, it is because I installed an SSD and use that only for the OS and Applications mostly.

Well, if anyone has any ideas about my Sidebar problem I would love to hear them. Thanks everyone for their responses.

Internal Battery for Mini (Late 2009) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.